Thursday 21 April 2011

This time last year...

The Boy and I are swiftly approaching our first wedding anniversary - on Saturday, St George's Day, we will have been a Mr and a Mrs for a year. It's such a cliche but I can't believe the time has passed so quickly, although I am reaching the point where I can't really recall what life was like before I met the boy. I suppose they say 'time flies when you're having fun', and it's certainly been the best year of my life.

So many happy memories from the last 12 months jostle for pole position in the forefront of my mind, but I don't think we've ever been happier than we are now, with our baby on the way and a whole new kind of life together to look forward to. It still feels too good to be true to me, that I can be this happy and have everything I've ever wanted, but I'm starting to relax and enjoy it. It has been fantastic sharing the news with friends, family and colleagues who have all been so thrilled for us both and so supportive - and we get to tell a few more of our closest friends our news tonight as we are throwing a little anniversary party at Empire Towers for our nearest and dearest. I've dusted the flat from top to bottom and the fridge is full of champagne (only a glass or two for me!) so let the good times roll! There seems to be a lot to be happy and thankful just now - long may that continue...


I'm feeling a bit more back to normal again after another bout of nausea and tiredness towards the end of our trip to Venice. Now I'm tiptoeing towards 13 weeks the first trimester has passed already - we're a third of the way there, and well on our way to meeting our baby. Eek! I've started to wonder what he or she (I still very much feel like it's a boy) will look like - between you and me, for personal and selfish reasons I'm hoping it has it's father's small peanut head, rather than my huge bonce! I seem to be a bit better with food again as well, although large pieces of either fish or meat are still turning my stomach, as is the smell of food cooking. For that reason we've gone for a cold buffet of nibbles tonight. Not quite up to our usual hospitality standards, but I'm sure no one will notice once the champagne begins to go down.

The sun is still shining on London, and on us. Tonight is the start of a happy weekend of celebrations. Tomorrow we will picnic in the park and plan our anniversary trip to Rome, Saturday we have a Duck Tour of Greenwich planned in the afternoon before a special dinner at Silk, before a barbecue at my parents house in Sevenoaks on Easter Sunday. So much to look forward to and enjoy. I'm running out of fingers to count my blessings on.

No comments:

Post a Comment