Saturday 23 April 2011

Happy anniversary



The Boy and I are celebrating our first wedding anniversary today! Somehow it's a whole year since we stood up in St Nicolas Church in Bookham, Surrey, in front of our friends and family and pledged our commitment to each other.

It was the happiest day of my life. I was incredibly nervous waiting outside the church door to walk in, but as soon as I saw the Boy waiting at the altar and we exchanged loving glances and squeezed clammy hands, I felt like we were the only two in the room. The Boy has a way of making me feel like that. We could be surrounded by people in the busiest of crowds, but just one look from him and there's only us.

Friends have asked me if anything has changed between us since we've been married and I would say yes and no. No, because we're still the same people who do what we've always done, and who still want the same things as we always have. But yes, because now we're our own unit, our own family, and when it comes down to it, life is now predominantly about the two of us. We are each other and every day we become more inter twined, so it's hard to tell where one finishes and the other begins. Even more so now there is a baby Beans on the way.

I think I've gushed enough already in these pages previously about my sublime feelings for the Boy, so I'll save you from a repeat performance - suffice to say I'll be pinching myself today, as I do everyday, that I am married to the most fantastic, amazing, kind, honorable, handsome, loving and funny person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in my life. Scrap getting that lottery ticket. I hit the jackpot a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment