Monday 28 February 2011

Due date

Six weeks pregnant today! Just a quick update as I had my appointment with Dr H this morning and it went really well. He's very reassuring and understanding, and I feel much more relaxed now. Obviously anything could still go wrong with the baby, but he helped me understand that there's not a lot I can do about that. I just need to be healthy and do my best, and if anything happens it's nature's way of saying the baby wasn't meant to be born.

It all felt more real as he explained to me that I would now be referred to a midwife, he talked me through antenatal classes and what else will be on offer, and asked whether we'd thought about having a hospital birth or a home birth. We haven't got that far at all - I'm almost scared to think that far ahead in case somehow I jinx everything. It was difficult not to get excited though when he told me our due date - 24 October 2011! I know hardly any babies are born on their due date (and I don't care what date the baby arrives as long as it does) but I couldn't help but smile. It's just a few days after the Boy's birthday. What a cracking birthday present that would be!



No comments:

Post a Comment