Friday 16 September 2011

Isn't it ironic?


Just about catching my breath after a tremendously busy week. It was my work annual conference this week and I've been doing even more crazy hours than normal - the joys of being a press officer in the age of 24 hour media! I was in work for 5.30am which was a bit of a struggle. I felt panicked every night that I would oversleep - despite setting three alarm clocks! - and as a result pretty much woke up on the hour, every hour, all through the night convinced I'd missed my wake-up call. It's going to take me a while to recover I think!

This year's conference was even busier than usual. I'm used to quiet times, where I've had an hour off here and there to grab a sandwich, do a bit of shopping, or - when we've been in Brighton - just sit on the beach and look out at the sea and unwind. That didn't happen once this year and it was manic until the close of the day, I was running round getting quotes, setting up interviews and briefing journalists until my voice was about to give out. I would arrive home from work feeling like I'd been through a small trauma, and it was all I could do to muster the energy to keep my eyes open long enough to cuddle the Boy and say hello.

I therefore couldn't help but find a wry irony in the fact that as I was preparing to go to work at 5am on Monday, I did my fertility stick test (been doing it this month just to experience what it's like, and make sure I am ovulating again after the miscarriage) and it came back with the smiling face - my optimum 48 hour window to conceive, at the time I am the most busiest at work for the year. Someone upstairs has a sense of humour I think! The Boy and I did our best to make the most of this, but suffice to say I won't be hugely optimistic about a happy result this month... but I guess we'll see! At least I know that my body is physically back to normal and behaving as it should. Hopefully that means the rest will fall into place soon enough. And so the two week wait begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment